10 August 2009

The Transformation of a Home Office.

Here's a peak at the new home office space.

Almost Done - Home Office. A peek from the Sleeping Porch

I was organizing my photos in the new iphoto and came across shots of my previous home offices. Ugh, I look at the first couple photos and think I can't believe I could work in such a dark and dreary space. (but I was feeling a bit dreary at that point in my life and it shows!) I set this up in our old basement with stuff I had around the house. This was my first official home office, dated 2002. I think. Notice the really old Mac. I really didn't need a home computer at that time because I was never home. I was always at work. Always.

Basement - First Home Office

These shelves were the first real DIY project my husband and I did together. They were ugly but functional.

Basement - First Home Office

The office moved up to the open airy empty loft when I started working from home full time. I created a simple and bright space using inexpensive storage options from ikea We wanted to move. It was just a matter of when. So, spending a lot of money for the space was silly.

Loft - Home Office

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh WOW! I can imagine that your fingers are itching to get settled in your new space. How great is that?

We rennovated an old home and it was best/hardest/most rewarding work we've done. Until parenthood, of course. That one takes the cake.

Nice to meet you!

Cathy said...

Thanks Sharon! Nice to meet you. All I need is a money plant and my new curtains. I can't wait to share the finished photos of the finished space.

SkinnyMeg said...

I came across your blog from The Procrastion Party and I love it! I'll be following you to see your finished projects.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin