26 September 2009
Mom and dad visited for the first time this weekend. I have been holding them off forever. We have been in our house for about a year and a half and have done a lot, but.. we still have a lot to do. Just taking a couple minutes to be grateful for all of it.
01. The Small Bathrooms. Although a bit bigger would be nicer, small is really easy to clean.
02. Big Windows in Every Room. Our last house was a townhouse with windows in the front and back only. Natural light rocks!
03. The Big Bedrooms. All the bedrooms are a really nice size. Big enough for double, if not queen size beds. Space is good.
04. The Sleeping Porch. A bright small space that feels like a tree house, perfect for book reading and coffee sipping.
05. The Backyard. Fenced in, sunny parts, shady parts and not so big that it requires a full day of lawn mowing.
06. Front Porch. I have always wanted a front porch and it is a perfect gathering place for friday evening cocktails.
07. The Finished Bedroom and Office. The guest room and office are done. The master bedroom, so close.
Finally and most importantly...
08. The Neighborhood. I love, love where we live. We are surrounded by authentic people, fabulous history and small town charm in a big city.