12 January 2010

A Make it Work - Modge-Podge Organized Home Office




I have been very conscious of waste. I use what I have, when I can. Functionality in a home office is priority. If it functions and I can slap a coat of paint on it to make it pretty, I use it.

My home office is a modge-podge of old family stuff (the cabinet storage), dumpster dives (the wood filing cabinet), and renovation scraps (the built in shelves). Even my desk is a combination of an old kitchen table and more contemporary ikea piece that didn't work with my style.

I found, in all the chaos of home renovations, that I didn't need as much as I though I needed in my office space. Thank goodness, because I also didn't have a huge furniture budget. You can read more about my home office here. One Essential Element of the Perfect Home Office

Get creative. Use what you have.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Found your blog on 31everything. I love that eclectic style of office space.

Unknown said...

Ooo... I love your brick wall! Very nice, organized office space :)

Unknown said...

I love your home office, especially those cool wall pockets! Thanks for linking up.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin